Friday, May 21, 2010

heading to the hospital (updated)


hospital parking lot, 5am

4:30am - Kiara had a regular OB appointment yesterday (Thursday) morning.  She was already at 5cm, although not yet in active labor.  She has been contracting and uncomfortable ever since her appointment, so we've decided to go ahead and head over to the hospital.  Because of the Group B Strep, she will need 1 - 2 rounds of antibiotics before it's safe for baby to be born.  (GBS is harmless for Mama, but very dangerous for baby.)  We appreciate your prayers, and will update as we can. 

9:00am - IV antibiotics, then slept for a couple hours.  Kiara was woken regularly by contractions.  It's great to have Laura as her nurse!

1:00pm - Walking to get contractions going further; hopefully doctor will agree to break her water soon.  Kiara doesn't seem to go into active labor w/o having her water broken -- just the same endless contractions she has been having for weeks. 

4:45pm - Water broken, so hopefully things will start progressing faster now...

8:18pm - Baby is here!!! 

4 comments:

Heather said...

praying for a smooth delivery!

Anonymous said...

Call us if you need help with the other kiddos! Hope the delivery proceeds smoothly!
Jenifer

Grandma H. said...

Hope it's soon!!

Nadia said...

Andy and Kiara,praying for a perfect delivery, hoping to hear the good news soon and please be sure to post photos asap for us impatient folks LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...