Thursday, July 1, 2010

Only for a Time



How often do we really think about the fact that our children are only ours for a time....loaned to us by God, to raise for Him?  I know I'm guilty of getting complacent sometimes.  I get busy with life, with parenting, with relationships, and forget for a time why God has grown our family the way He has.  He sees each of our children as the right ones for our home, our life.  He has equipped us -- whether we feel like it or not -- to raise each of these precious blessings for Him.  To be Mommy and Daddy, to teach them about life, love, and most importantly, about Him. 

With each of our little ones, God has been gracious enough to give us opportunities to remember that He is in control, He has a plan for them, and He loves them even more than we do.  Over the next few days, I will post these stories about how God has reminded us that He has chosen us to parent these little ones, and He is ultimately (thankfully!) in charge of how our children turn out in life.

I'd love to hear your stories, too! 

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that picture! Your children are so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...