Tuesday, March 23, 2010

another long day....

We spent most of the day yesterday at my doctor's office, followed by OB Triage.  I had a rough weekend (with a few bright spots mixed in, thankfully).  I had many more painful contractions than usual, with times where the pain was unbearable.  We began to fear that I would not even know if I'd gone into true labor until it was too late.  (Yes, I remember the pain of true labor, and yes, it was that bad.)

It was wonderful to be cared for and get some answers and reassurance. 

Baby girl is (so far) not on her way.  What a relief!  (FFN was negative, no dilation.)
I am on stricter bedrest for a few weeks, and stronger medication to help control the contractons.  We are praying this helps with pain control, also.
They have given me the first of two steroid shots that will help baby girl's lungs be as mature as possible whenever she does make her arrival.
I am being monitored closely and I am to call my doctor any time I have questions or concerns.

Later today, Andy and I will return to the hospital for more monitoring, the 2nd steroid shot, and a tour of the NICU, just in case. 

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!  And a big thank you to my Mom and Aunt Maggie who were available -- even last minute -- to tag team and care for the kids today.  They had a wonderful time with you, and we rested easier knowing they were with you.  We love you!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain. I'll keep praying! I'm glad that you're not dilated, and I keep thinking what a blessing it is that your husband is at home!!

cathycupp said...

So glad to know that things are under control again. Hang in there...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...