Saturday, March 27, 2010

trying to figure out what to do with me....

My doctor is trying to figure out what to do with me. :) 

The good news:
- The FFN on Monday was negative, so I'm still not likely to deliver in the next week (test is accurate for 2 weeks).
- I'm not having the painful contractions or other labor symptoms I was having over the weekend -- just lots of tightening and mild contractions.
- Baby is doing great, and appears to be happy and heathly.
- My blood pressure is stable again.

The not-so-good-news:
- My fluid (AFI) levels are still too low.
- That can be risky and lead to still birth, but can also just be 'one of those things' for some people -- risky, but not actually leading to any obvious issues.

My OB is consulting with a perinatologist, who spoke with me at length today, and they will make a plan.  They may decide to send me home on strict bed rest and regular monitoring, or they may decide to keep me a few more days (or longer), just to be sure things are going okay.  We are praying for wisdom for them.  There is so much at stake, yet we know God is the One in control.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I like the good news! I'm glad Brooklyn is doing so well. I'm praying for wisdom for your doctors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...