Wednesday, March 24, 2010

follow-up...

Yesterday late afternoon Kiara and I had the follow-up appointment at the hospital - she had the second steroid shot for baby's lungs and an ultrasound.  Baby still looks great, but unfortunately her amniotic fluid levels, which were already a little too low, had gone down further.  They decided to admit Kiara right away for more monitoring and tests.  She is still contracting regularly, but they are hoping to get that under control with the new medication.  We'll keep you posted when we know more - thanks for the prayers.

-Andy

Update (Wed. afternoon):  The ultrasound looked good this morning -- fluid levels are up a little, baby's heartbeat and activity levels are good, and umbilical cord and placenta seem to be doing their job still.  We're waiting for a consult with the neonatologist and a tour of the NICU, just in case.  And praying these contractions settle down.  Kiara has internet now, so she will be able to update the blog whenever we have more news.  Thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for the update. I'll keep praying!

Heather said...

I was just at my bible study this morning and for some reason you were on my mind. So you are my prayer request this week and then I came home and read this - God laid it on my heart. May you be at peace knowing that God is in control of all things! We are praying for you and a healthy baby in due time.

MotherGoose518 said...

Praying! I was in a similar situation, but without the painful contractions, with my first baby and was induced at 35 weeks because they could not keep her amniotic fluid stables. We spent 2 weeks in NICU before baby came home. I only have good things to say about the NICU at Good Sam/PCH. I'll have some been there, done that suggestions and "if I'd known then what I know now.." information for you all if it starts looking like NICU life is going to be a reality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...