Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sierra's thoughts on adoption


I suspect that every family contemplating foster care or adoption -- as well as those who have already walked that road and have added to their family -- occasionally worries about how their child(ren) will adjust in years to come.  I find it's encouraging to hear from adoptees about their journey, and how they view their lives.  Their stories may not be my child's story, but I love hearing the perspective they've gained over the years -- and imagining the conversations they've had with their parents and the prayers said over them -- to help them reach this point.

Sierra, adopted at age 8 and now 15 years old, shares her advice for adoptive parents here.  I love it!

1 comment:

Annie said...

What a strong young woman, with some great advice to share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...