Friday, February 4, 2011

humbled

  

This just in...

In just six weeks, our first fundraising goal has been met!

And I have been humbled.

It has been one of those days.  Today, I've wondered if God will ever provide full time work for Andy again.  I've wondered if we will always have to count pennies to make ends meet.  And, even if only for a few hours, I lost sight of my commitment to trust Him even when life doesn't make sense. 

It was with tears in my eyes that I read two emails tonight.  One from a friend who is so excited about our whipped body butter that she immediately bought $100 worth and said that she WILL be restocking regularly.  Another email came from someone we have never met.  He ran across our blog, read our story, and felt led to donate $200 toward our adoption fund.  We were speechless. 

We serve a God who loves us when we are overflowing with trust and gratefulness, and when we are weak, and our circumstances cause us to lose sight of His continued provision and faithfulness. 

As I consider all of this, I am reminded yet again that this journey is not about us

It is not about whether or not we have it all together and can seamlessly add another little one to our family.  (Not likely!)  Oh, we may be excited, but we are not naive.  We know there will be challenges.  We know there will be days when we feel weak, and need some encouragement that we are on the right track.  But that is okay.  We decided long ago that our lives were not meant to be comfortable, smooth, and easy.  Honestly, if that is how things feel, we wonder if we are really serving God at all, or just cruising along because we can! 

This journey IS about another little one who God will graft into our family tree.  A child who will soon become such a part of us that we will forget what life was like before s/he arrived!  And, ultimately, it is about bringing glory to God -- our Savior, our Father, the reason our family exists in the first place. 

I have confessed my lack of faith.  I am back in the game.  And I am thankful for God's gentle reminders when I get off track and lose sight of the fact that I don't know where He's taking us, but He does.   And that is what is important. 

Update:  Not 24 hours after writing this, almost $300 more has arrived in the mail.  That means they were sent even before the donations from last night!  Even after taking out $4 - $6 per tub for ingredients and shipping, that is a hefty addition to our fund! :) 

6 comments:

Mom H. said...

"Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand; But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand."

Emily B. said...

congrats on meeting you first goal! We'll need to restock within the next month or so (we LOVE the body butter!) so let me know around spring break-ish when you have another batch ready. Maybe we can plan a playdate then too since I'll be off for the whole week? :)

rachel said...

PTL! I am already worrying that you will stop making the body butter once you have your baby and stop fundraising! I certainly understand if you do, but we're loving it!

Andy and Kiara said...

Hey Mom -- You are so right! I love that quote. :)

Emily -- That sounds great! I make body butter every few days, to keep up with orders and send/deliver them as soon as possible, so just let me know a few days before we meet up, and I'll make whatever you need!

Rachel -- Thanks so much! You are one of many who are saying this. We will probalby keep it up, just because we love it for ourselves and may as well keep sharing the love. :)

Jamie said...

Amazing!!! We will need to start ourself soon ;)

Andy and Kiara said...

Annie just told me today that you're going to start up the adoption process. Yeah! Congratulations! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...